Felony Crime Defense Lawyers in Midland
We Also Represent Clients in Abilene, San Angelo, & Lubbock
Have you or a loved one been arrested and charged with a felony offense? If so, you should immediately retain skilled representation to build a defense strategy. Felonies are the most serious charges and require detailed preparation. At Eckman Law Firm, PLLC, we have represented thousands of cases, including 400 federal offenses, and we are prepared to fight your charges.
To speak with a skilled legal professional about your case, call us today at (432) 223-9427.
What Are the Punishments for Felonies in Texas?
If you have been charged with a serious felony crime, you face severe and lasting consequences. Most felony offenses carry heavy criminal penalties in addition to the loss of certain civil liberties. For example, a felony conviction means that you will lose your right to vote and your right to bear arms.
In Texas, felony punishments are broken down into the following categories:
- State Jail Felony Punishment: The punishment for a state jail felony ranges from 180 days up to 2 years in state jail. A person charged with a state jail felony will not be charged more than a $10,000 fine.
- 3rd Degree Felony Punishment: The punishment for a third-degree felony ranges from 2 years up to 10 years in prison with a $10,000 maximum fine.
- 2nd Degree Felony Punishment: The punishment for a second-degree felony ranges from 2 years up to 20 years in prison with a $10,000 maximum fine.
- 1st Degree Felony Punishment: The punishment for a first-degree felony ranges from 5 years up to 99 years or life in prison with a $10,000 maximum fine.
- Capital Felony Punishment: The punishment for a capital felony ranges from life in prison to the death penalty.
What Are the Types of Felony Crimes in Texas?
The exact penalties you face will depend on the nature of the offense and which level you are charged with. It is imperative that you get the legal representation you need as soon as possible. We can work toward reducing the charges against you or even getting them dismissed altogether.
Examples of felony crimes we can defend include:
- Domestic violence/family violence
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- White collar crimes
- Drug crimes
- Sex crimes
- Identity theft
- Felony DWI
Hire an Experienced Felony Defense Lawyer
At Eckman Law Firm, PLLC, our legal team of Attorneys Aaron E. Eckman and Victoria Eckman have 15 years of combined legal experience and are committed to helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your case. You can rely on our felony defense attorneys in Midland to provide you with a serious defense and help you in this difficult time.
Contact our firm today at (432) 223-9427 to set up a consultation.
“He is professional and shows compassion. He’s the BEST attorney in midland.”- Tanisha
“My wife was incarcerated without bail no arraignment and was told she had to wait for district court. As soon as we got Aaron on her case he got her a court date and got her out on bond all this in less than 3 weeks.”- Cruz
“On the day of our court she was and absolute lioness. Her work was superior and she knows her job and does it very well.”- Andre H.
Burglary of a Habitation (2nd Degree Felony) Case Dismissed
2nd Degree Felony Robbery Case Dismissed
3rd Degree Felony Theft Case Dismissed
Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle Case Dismissed day of Trial
2nd Degree Felony Assault Felony Case Dismissed
Possession of Cocaine Less than 1 Gram Pretrial Intervention
Prostitution Pretrial Diversion
Prostitution Expunction Granted and Record Sealed
Public Intoxication Motion for New Trial Granted
Possession of Controlled Substance Pretrial Diversion