Midland Misdemeanor Crimes Lawyer
Aggressively Defending Clients Facing Misdemeanor Crimes in Abilene, San Angelo, & Lubbock
Many people charged with misdemeanor offenses have the misconception that the outcome or penalties of a conviction may be mild. However, despite being in the "less serious" category compared to felony crimes, misdemeanor offenses can and do carry severe consequences. In some cases, misdemeanor charges can even be heightened to felonies.
If you are charged with a crime of this nature, you should act quickly to hire a skilled Midland misdemeanor defense attorney. When we take on a new case, we work to negotiate a favorable outcome, fight for a dismissal of charges, or present your case at trial and fight for your freedom.
Why Choose Eckman Law Firm, PLLC for Your Misdemeanor Crimes Defense?
When facing misdemeanor crime charges in Midland, TX, having a skilled and experienced defense attorney on your side is crucial. At Eckman Law Firm, PLLC, we have a proven track record of aggressively defending clients and achieving favorable outcomes.
Here's why clients choose to work with us:
- Extensive criminal defense experience: Our team of attorneys has years of experience specifically in handling misdemeanor crimes cases. We have a deep understanding of the laws, procedures, and strategies necessary to build a strong defense.
- Personalized approach: We believe in providing personalized attention to each client. We take the time to listen to your story, understand your goals, and tailor our defense strategy to your unique circumstances.
- Aggressive representation: We are known for our aggressive approach in the courtroom. We leave no stone unturned in investigating your case, gathering evidence, and challenging the prosecution's arguments. Our goal is to secure the best possible outcome for you.
- Effective communication: We understand that facing misdemeanor crime charges can be overwhelming and stressful. That's why we prioritize open and transparent communication with our clients. We keep you informed at every step of the legal process and promptly address any concerns or questions you may have.
- Proven results: Our past clients have consistently praised our dedication, professionalism, and ability to achieve positive outcomes. We have a strong record of success in defending clients against misdemeanor crime charges.
Misdemeanor Crime Charges We Defend
We are extremely familiar with all Texas misdemeanor crimes and can provide you with comprehensive defense. In fact, one of our skilled lawyers spent time as a San Antonio Assistant Criminal District Attorney. Being convicted of a misdemeanor in Texas will have a maximum punishment of one year in county jail and a $4000 maximum fine.
Common misdemeanor charges we defend include:
What are the Different Levels of Misdemeanors in Texas?
In Texas, there are three levels of misdemeanors:
- Class C misdemeanors are the lowest level and can include a fine of no more than $500 and no jail time. However, a trial can still be requested and held in Municipal Court, Traffic Court, or a Justice of the Peace Court. Most traffic tickets and violations (except parking tickets) in Texas are considered Class C misdemeanors.
- Class B misdemeanors are midlevel and can involve up to 180 days in county jail, a fine of up to $2,000, and two years of community supervision (probation) or three years with an extension. First-time offenders may receive "deferred adjudication," which means that before a trial, the defendant agrees to a plea deal by pleading "guilty" or "no contest." After completing a probation period, the case is dismissed, and the person has no criminal conviction.
- Class A misdemeanors are the highest level and can involve punishment of up to a year in county jail and/or a fine of up to $4,000, up to two years of community supervision (probation), or three years with an extension.
It's essential to know the different levels of misdemeanors and their consequences to understand the severity of a crime and how it's punished in Texas.
Contact Our Midland Misdemeanor Crimes Attorney Today
Regardless of the exact misdemeanor charge that you face, time is of the essence. The sooner you speak with a Midland misdemeanor lawyer from Eckman Law Firm, PLLC, the sooner we can build your defense. Our goal is to examine all of the evidence so that we can properly advise you on your legal options. You can rely on our misdemeanor crimes attorneys in Midland to be straightforward and honest with you and inform you of your rights throughout the proceedings.
Contact Eckman Law Firm, PLLC, today to schedule a FREE phone consultation with our misdemeanor crimes lawyer in Midland!
“He is professional and shows compassion. He’s the BEST attorney in midland.”- Tanisha
“My wife was incarcerated without bail no arraignment and was told she had to wait for district court. As soon as we got Aaron on her case he got her a court date and got her out on bond all this in less than 3 weeks.”- Cruz
“On the day of our court she was and absolute lioness. Her work was superior and she knows her job and does it very well.”- Andre H.
Burglary of a Habitation (2nd Degree Felony) Case Dismissed
2nd Degree Felony Robbery Case Dismissed
3rd Degree Felony Theft Case Dismissed
Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle Case Dismissed day of Trial
2nd Degree Felony Assault Felony Case Dismissed
Possession of Cocaine Less than 1 Gram Pretrial Intervention
Prostitution Pretrial Diversion
Prostitution Expunction Granted and Record Sealed
Public Intoxication Motion for New Trial Granted
Possession of Controlled Substance Pretrial Diversion